- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related field and minimum of two years software QA experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Claims or Guidewire ClaimCenter knowledge preferred.
Intermediate experience with IT industry standard test management and test automation tools required. Advanced experience testing client/server and web-based applications. General knowledge of testing methodologies including agile, waterfall, and iterative SDLCs.
- Experience in all phases of software QA testing and documentation. Must be able to implement and document test plans and scripts. Ability to create automated tests using an automated testing tool with experience scripting/setting up reusable test function sets
- Experience using SQL plus experience with SQL Database Query Analyzer preferred. Ability to create automated tests using an automated testing tool with experience scripting/setting up reusable test function sets.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, schedule, and meet deadlines while managing multiple medium to large projects. Must be able to work with multiple interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to train and mentor others in quality assurance best practices. Must be able to work with audiences with various levels of information about the subject matter and confirm knowledge transfer.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal, listening, and customer service skills to assist end users with product, errors/issues, provide instruction, and walk through software products via phone or email.
- Demonstrated initiative and persistence in follow-through with customers, testing, and conversion projects.
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and endorsements associated with personal, commercial, and reinsurance lines of business preferred. Willingness to develop a working knowledge of industry and Grinnell Mutual specific business practices. Must be able to appropriately apply learned knowledge as it relates to responsibilities of this position.
- Understands and incorporates software development methodologies and documentation standards. Ability to use known information and reasonable assumptions to create and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work in a harmonious manner with coworkers, supervisor, customers, and public. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the demands changes, so may the essential functions of this job.