- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in computer related field with a minimum of two years experience in system administration; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with server administration, system and network design.
Office 365 Admin
Terminal Server and Citrix
3rd party applications
- Working knowledge of systems development life cycles and understanding of IT infrastructure, the impact of changes on systems beyond scope, and the importance of coordinating updates or fixes. Advanced level knowledge and understanding of network systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management, configuration management, and patch migration processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments including ability to be flexible and adjust priorities as business needs change. Project deadlines may conflict making it necessary to negotiate and communicate with stakeholders.
- Possesses sound analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. Work may be complex in nature and modifications may be broader than anticipated. Must be able to identify issues and inconsistencies and utilize appropriate resources to resolve concerns.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in both oral and written fashion to both technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to use interpersonal communication skills and to interact with co-employees, customers and supervisors with tact and courtesy.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and understand the impact postponing or delays has on others inside and outside division.
- Exhibits self-assurance and a creative aptitude to find solutions beyond the scope of the project while demonstrating understanding of impact to other projects.
- Protects confidential and proprietary information as described in corporate policies and procedures disclosing information only as the business need dictates.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to keep regular work schedule and maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- No supervisory responsibilities assigned.
Responsibility & Decision Making Authority:
- Makes decisions related to Data Center Resources required to protect corporate data associated with organization, its customers, and their customers.
- No direct budgeting or fiscal responsibilities.
Contacts (Internal, External)
- Occasionally works with internal customers from all business units to resolve issues or concerns related to the computer network.
- Occasionally works with outside vendor or contractor to create solution to application assignments. May have contact with the mutuals subscribing to application provided by Grinnell Mutual.
Working Conditions and Physical Efforts
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- The System Administrator may be required to work overtime to meet strict deadlines associated with projects. This includes and on-call component managed remotely and on campus, includes work during non-typical office hours.
During times of conversion or system implementation, the systems administrator may be required to work weekends or non-typical work hours when system usage is minimal