- Partners across the organization to understand and inform divisional goals that can be achieved with marketing and customer experience support. Participates in the development and maintenance of enterprise-level analysis of the environment, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats.
- Develops focused marketing objectives in a cohesive, collaborative plan. Analyzes effectiveness of the strategic marketing plan to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Oversees the development and execution of integrated marketing plans as concerted efforts to support strategic marketing objectives.
- Directs implementation and usage of corporate branding standards and guidelines for all Grinnell Mutual marketing channels in all communications and promotions to ensure continuity.
- Oversees content and production of corporate communications, promotions, and advertisements designed for Grinnell Mutual’s key audiences through all channels of print, digital, social, and broadcast media.
- Incorporates customer and user-experience research and recommendations to improve the interface between user and technology with the user at the center.
- Oversees the corporate advertising program, including Grinnell Mutual campaigns, cooperative advertising reimbursement, and branded merchandise. Ensures the annual advertising budget meets corporate advertising and marketing objectives within budget as approved by the Board of Directors Advertising Committee.
- Oversees community relations outreach with a focus on corporate social responsibility.
- Oversees corporate event planning from conception through to completion to provide memorable Grinnell Mutual experiences.
- Serves as an example of leadership and professionalism while representing division and Grinnell Mutual. Attends and participates in meetings as a role model and makes decisions to support the mission and vision of Grinnell Mutual.
- Serves as a member of the division’s leadership team by participating in planning, budgeting, staffing, salary administration, and internal procedures. Performs as a key contributor to departmental Executive Committee meetings, planning sessions, and other opportunities as they arise.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Manages direct and indirect reports to guide the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures staffing levels are appropriate to provide service and meet deadlines.
- Supports and develops individuals through coaching, feedback, and mentoring to assist them in accomplishing professional and technical responsibilities. May include recommending training programs or ensuring staff attendance at mandatory training.
Responsibility and decision-making authority:
- Responsible for adherence to compliance requirements and legal standards in the development and use of web sites involving the transmission of secure, personal information, receiving payments via credit cards, and other electronic financial document.
- Maintains control of proper representation of corporate copyrighted assets. Properly uses and attributes copyrighted information with permission in the publication and distribution of information from Grinnell Mutual.
- Develops and recommends goals and action plans for approval by senior management, while operating within constraints of budget.
- Negotiates with business partners to set project priorities. Determines resource allocation.
Working conditions and physical efforts
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position operates within a typical office setting and is physically located in the Grinnell office. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The position requires an individual to sit for long periods of time. The position may require frequent and extended time on the telephone or computer and requires the visual acuity to work on the computer for extended periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Works under deadlines with unexpected and frequent interruptions to the workflow making it challenging to anticipate the nature and volume of work to perform and meet established deadlines.