- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) and accredited college or university in marketing or a related field, and a minimum 8–10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in property-casualty insurance or financial services preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to achieve results through people with a minimum of five years of direct supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and solve problems. Must be able to measure risks and identify effective strategies based on a broad range of internal and external factors to make decisions resulting in the best business outcome.
- Ability to collaborate with others in the decision-making process as needed to obtain information, generate alternatives, ensure support and consensus when appropriate, and make the best decisions possible. Ability to use personal judgment, experience, and known facts and figures to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership by serving as a role model for division employees and the company; develop and communicate corporate goals and mentor staff to move toward higher levels of performance.
- Ability to negotiate project scope and deadlines to ensure user expectations and resource availability coincide to meet the needs of business. Must communicate with all stakeholders and bring individuals to agreement/compromise.
- Ability to remain flexible to business needs and changes. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while anticipating possible impacts and benefits of change.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively, both orally and in writing, in various situations and with various audiences. Demonstrates writing skills to communicate with and influence stakeholders of varying levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively within division and within the corporation with stakeholders and partners to ensure a shared outcome.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of proprietary company, customer, and client information.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and travel as required. Ability to adhere to the Fleet Safety Policy.
Working conditions and physical efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position operates within a typical office setting and is physically located in the Grinnell office. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The position requires an individual to sit for long periods of time. The position may require frequent and extended time on the telephone or computer and requires the visual acuity to work on the computer for extended periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Works under deadlines with unexpected and frequent interruptions to the workflow making it challenging to anticipate the nature and volume of work to perform and meet established deadlines.
This job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the business demands change, so too may the job duties and responsibilities.