Provides programming expertise for the development and support of new and existing application solutions to support the business objectives of Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company and their customers. Primarily uses Java technologies to meet the business needs of the end customers.
This position may be filled at either an intermediate or senior level, depending upon the qualifications and experience of the candidate. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Grinnell Mutual sponsorship.
Working conditions and physical efforts
· Associates degree from an accredited college/university in computer related field with significant course work and/or experience in design, development, and analysis of technology solutions; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Working knowledge of systems development life cycles and understanding of IT infrastructure, the impact of changes on systems beyond scope, and the importance of coordinating updates or fixes. Intermediate level knowledge and understanding of data base design.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments including ability to be flexible and adjust priorities as business needs change. Project deadlines may conflict making it necessary to negotiate and communicate with stakeholders.
· Possesses sound analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. Application design may be complex in nature and modifications may broader than the application itself. Must have ability to think creatively and incorporate current technical solutions into outcome with end user in mind.
· Demonstrates ability to communicate in both oral and written fashion to both technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to use interpersonal communication skills and to interact with co-employees, customers and supervisors with tact and courtesy.
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and understand the impact postponing or delays has on others inside and outside division.
· Exhibits self-assurance and a creative aptitude to find solutions beyond the scope of the project while demonstrating understanding of impact to other projects.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to keep regular work schedule and maintain regular, predictable attendance.
· Must possess a good working knowledge of basic insurance terminology applicable to Grinnell Mutual.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the demands changes, so may the essential functions of this job.