- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer information systems or related field, five (5) or more years related information technology experience, and three (3) or more years supervising exempt and non-exempt staff working at both onsite and remote locations. Equivalent combination of education will be considered.
- Service Management ITSM experience and work in a global environment is a plus.
- Understanding of ITIL framework and processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic insurance terminology applicable to personal, commercial, and reinsurance lines of insurance. Associate in General Insurance (AINS) strongly preferred as a demonstration of a solid understanding of the insurance industry.
- Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge as well as industry concepts to move the organization towards meeting strategic objectives.
- Ability to think logically and to continually use personal judgment, experience, known facts and figures to make decisions and deal with issues and opportunities.
- Possesses sound analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills to recognize processing/application system inefficiencies or new design opportunities, including potential impact to other systems. Demonstrates an ability to collaborate with others to recommend end-to-end improvements.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with customers and build relationships to evaluate business needs. Acts with diplomacy and consideration when evaluation request and providing solutions. Works proactively across technology teams to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner to meet business goals and needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead or participate in an impartial effort to research, analyze, and assess new tools, platforms, and architectures to make recommendations for the organization.
- Possesses the ability to model a cooperative style when working with others on a team, committee or task force while demonstrating interest, skill, and success in getting the group to work together. May take team leader role for special projects.
- Possesses and utilize strong verbal and written skills in order to respond to customers, develop staff members, make presentations for management, and represent the company at professional functions and meetings. Demonstrated ability to maintain open, effective communication with internal and external customers. Must be able to negotiate deliverables, staffing, and deadlines to meet or exceed expectations with quality product while keeping individuals abreast of current developments.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a harmonious manner with company management, peers, customers, and agents.
- Demonstrates the ability to keep a regular work schedule and maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Limited travel including an occasional overnight may be required to attend training or user group conference, visit customer, or vendor location. Ability to adhere to our Fleet Safety Policy.
Working conditions and physical efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- Works under externally imposed deadlines with unexpected and frequent interruptions to the workflow making it challenging to anticipate the nature and volume of work to perform and meet established deadlines.
- The position operates within a typical office setting and is physically located in the home office in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The position requires an individual to sit for long periods of time.
- The position requires the individual to frequently talk on the telephone and work on a computer with multiple monitors.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force and to lift up to 10 pounds.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the demands changes, so may the essential functions of this job.