- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects, programs and/or portfolios.
- Expertise in leadership with demonstrated proficiency in building and leading high-performance teams.
- PMP, PfMP, CAL or equivalent professional certification preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills with demonstrated proficiency in project management software.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems.Must be able to measure risks and identify high payoff strategies based on a broad range of internal and external factors to make decisions resulting in the best business outcome.
- Ability to make effective decisions and/or involve others in the decision-making process as needed to obtain information, generate alternatives, make the best decision, and ensure support and consensus when appropriate.Ability to use personal judgment, experience and known facts and figures to make decisions and resolve problems. Incorporates strategic, creative solutions.
- Ability to remain flexible to business needs and changes.Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while anticipating possible impacts and benefits of change. Adapts to modified priorities as business needs require.
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate efforts of self and team in both short and long-term time frames.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.Ability to capitalize on the relationship to generate strategy, influence results, negotiate business solution and resolve conflict proactively.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both verbally and written, in interpersonal situations.Ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and maintain a healthy working environment.
- Demonstrates high confidentiality and ethics when responding to sensitive inquiries or complaints.Follows corporate procedures and policies when applicable.
- Demonstrated ability to present information both verbal and written to audiences of various sizes, professional levels, and insurance background.Considered a reliable and credible resource with ability to support conclusions and analysis with additional information when requested.
- Demonstrated competence in change management and leading others through change to ensure understanding and participation in gaining results.
- Manages direct and indirect reports to guide the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Ensures staffing levels are appropriate to provide service and meet deadlines of position.
- Develops, coaches and motivates staff to peak performance; addressing performance issues in a timely manner.
- Oversees training new and existing staff and fosters teamwork to help them meet and/or exceed performance goals. Promotes employee growth and involvement.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- Works under negotiated deadlines with unexpected and frequent interruptions making it challenging to anticipate the nature and volume of work to perform and meet established deadlines.
- The position is physically located in the home office with a work environment of a typical office setting; noise level is relatively quiet and occasional stress is encountered as deadlines approach.The position requires an individual to sit for long periods of time, complete work with computer keyboard and monitor. Typically includes repetitive movement and occasional eyestrain.
- Requires regular and predictable attendance to meet customer service demands.
- Occasionally lifts up to 10 pounds with the ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force.
This job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the business demands change, so too may the job duties and responsibilities.