- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. With a minimum of five years IT or insurance related experience and demonstrated accomplishments in project management, product development, and planning.
- Demonstrates ability to achieve results through people with experience directly supervising team individuals preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic insurance terminology applicable to personal, commercial and reinsurance lines of insurance. Associate in General Insurance (AINS) strongly preferred as a demonstration of a solid understanding of the insurance industry.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and solve problems. Must be able to measure risks and identify high payoff strategies based on a broad range of internal and external factors to make decisions resulting in the best business outcome.
- Ability to make effective decisions and/or involve others in the decision-making process as needed to obtain information, generate alternatives, make the best decision, and ensure support and consensus when appropriate. Ability to use personal judgment, experience, and known facts and figures to make decisions and resolve problems.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership by serving as a role model for division employees and the company as a whole; developing and communicating corporate goals and mentor staff to move towards higher levels of performance.
- Ability to negotiate project scope and deadlines to ensure user expectations and resource availability coincide to meet the needs of business. Must communicate with all stakeholders and bring individuals into agreement/compromise.
- Ability to remain flexible to business needs and changes. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while anticipating possible impacts and benefits of change.
- Ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing, in various situations and with various audiences. Demonstrates writing skills to communicate information to both internal and external audiences that may have varying backgrounds and experience in subject.
- Ability to work collaboratively within division and within the corporation with stakeholders and partners to ensure a shared outcome.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of proprietary company, customer, and client information.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance to meet the need of the business.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and travel from the home office to mutual or agent offices. May also travel for professional meetings. Ability to adhere to the Fleet Safety Policy.
Working conditions and physical efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- Works under externally imposed deadlines with unexpected and frequent interruptions to the workflow making it challenging to anticipate the nature and volume of work to perform and meet established deadlines.
- The position operates within a typical office setting and is physically located in the home office in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The position requires an individual to sit for long periods of time. The position may require frequent and extended time on the telephone and visual acuity to work on the computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
This job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the business demands change, so too may the job duties and responsibilities.