- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in computer related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current Microsoft Certification(s) preferred.
- Excellent understanding of modern environments, including but not limited to AWS and Azure.
- Must possess a working knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware components, hardware configurations, and have software troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices.
- Experience with imaging tools: SCCM or Ivanti/LanDesk
- Experience with scripting tools: Batch, PowerShell, VBS, WMI, etc.
- Experience with Chef or Puppet
- Experience with Windows 7, 10, Office 365, OneDrive, MS Teams and Windows 10 new features (Device Guard, Application Whitelisting, Credential Guard, Passport/Hello, Kiosk, etc.)
- Experience with AD GPO creation.
- Experience in troubleshooting, image testing, and regressive testing techniques in standard operation systems and Configuration Management Tools.
- Possesses sound analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. Must have ability to think creatively and incorporate current technical solutions into outcome with end user in mind.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments including ability to be flexible and adjust priorities as business needs change. Project deadlines may conflict making it necessary to negotiate and communicate with stakeholders. May be necessary to manage frequent interruptions depending on user needs.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills to listen and identify problem and provide most efficient and effective solution to ensure time without technology is minimal. Requires communication skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to resolve technical issues from remote location using technology or visualizing situation based on customer’s description of equipment and error messages.
- Exhibits self-assurance and a creative aptitude to find solutions beyond the scope of the project while demonstrating understanding of impact to other projects.
- Strong verbal and written skills in order to respond to customers, develop staff members, make presentations for management and represent the company at professional functions and meetings. Demonstrates ability to maintain open, effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to keep regular work schedule and maintain regular, predictable attendance to meet the needs of the assignment deadlines and maintain appropriate communication.
- Knowledge of basic insurance terminology applicable to Grinnell Mutual.
Working conditions and physical efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- May be required to work outside of core business hours to meet strict deadlines associated with projects.This includes an on-call component managed through a rotation system to assist users on non-typical office hours. May be required to work weekends or non-typical work hours when system usage is minimal.
- The position is physically located in the office with a work environment of a typical office setting; noise level is relatively quiet. The position requires an individual to sit for long periods of time, use repetitive motion, and possess visual acuity demanded by work with computer and other LCD screen devices.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force and to lift up to 10 pounds.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the demands changes, so may the essential functions of this job.