- Associate’s degree from accredited college and six months related (office, customer service, or insurance) experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to complete ten required job specific reading workbooks and pass the accompanying exams during the training period.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal, communication, listening and customer service skills primarily via phone or e-mail. Must be able to listen for understanding and communicate to educate and/or inform with accuracy. Follow through to resolution is essential.
- Ability to process a high volume of commercial policy transactions on computer utilizing alpha-numeric data entry with accuracy and proficiency. Manage transaction work load with frequent interruptions from internal and external customers while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions and complete work assignments based on instruction. Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions and write basic correspondence. Demonstrated ability to make decisions based on known facts, processes, and experience.
- Ability to maintain and organize a high volume of information from multiple sources. Ability to apply accordingly.
- Ability to use office equipment including a telephone, personal computer and demonstrate basic knowledge of general computer applications and e-mail systems such as Outlook. Specific programs used in this position on OnBase, CPS and IBM system.
- Ability to work in a harmonious manner with others.
- Working knowledge of insurance terminology in commercial lines of insurance.
- Ability to pass a typing test demonstrating the ability to type 40wpm and ability to pass a data entry test demonstrating the ability to input data at a rate of approximately 125kspm.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable work schedule to meet the needs of our customers and provide adequate coverage during our core business hours.
Working conditions and physical efforts
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- The position is physically located in the home office in a cubicle setting within a typical office environment. The position requires the individual to frequently talk on the telephone. The employee may occasionally reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position involves repetitive work with computer keyboard, ten-key and phone. Vision requirements are heavily tied to those associated with working with alpha and numeric data found on a computer monitor. Vision requirements include close work and the ability to focus.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Requires regular and predictable attendance to meet customer service demands.
This job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the business demands change, so too may the job duties and responsibilities.