- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in computer related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current Microsoft Certification(s) preferred. Typically requires 7+ years of related experience.
- Extensive understanding of technology environments, including but not limited to cloud, desktop, and server system licensing models.
- Must possess a working knowledge of hardware components, hardware configurations, and have software deployment experience for licensing and tracking.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices and experience with SCCM or Ivanti/LanDesk tools preferred.
- Possesses sound analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments including ability to be flexible and adjust priorities as business needs change. Project deadlines may conflict making it necessary to negotiate and communicate with stakeholders. May be necessary to manage frequent interruptions depending on user needs.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills to listen and identify problem and provide most efficient and effective solution to ensure time without technology is minimal. Requires communication skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to resolve issues and work with teams on auditing of hardware and software.
- Exhibits self-assurance and a creative aptitude to find solutions beyond the scope of the project while demonstrating understanding of impact to other projects.
- Strong verbal and written skills in order to respond to customers, develop staff members, make presentations for management, and represent the company at professional functions and meetings. Demonstrated ability to maintain open, effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. May serve as a mentor for less experienced team members.
- Demonstrates ability to keep regular work schedule and maintain regular, predictable attendance to meet the needs of the assignment deadlines and maintain appropriate communication.
- Knowledge of basic insurance terminology applicable to Grinnell Mutual.
Working conditions and physical efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- May be required to work outside of core business hours to meet strict deadlines associated with projects. This includes an on-call component managed through a rotation system to assist users on non-typical office hours. May be required to work weekends or non-typical work hours when system usage is minimal.
- The position is physically located in the office with a work environment of a typical office setting; noise level is relatively quiet. The position requires an individual to sit for long periods of time, use repetitive motion, and possess visual acuity demanded by work with computer and other LCD screen devices.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force and to lift up to 10 pounds.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the demands changes, so may the essential functions of this job.