- Ability to use office equipment including a telephone and personal computer. Demonstrates basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal, communication, listening, and customer service skills. Demonstrates ability to gather information, apply known procedures, and relay information accurately to others.
- Ability to complete simple mathematical functions on a calculator.
- Ability to understand and apply basic insurance terminology including ability to read a policy and answer basic coverage questions.
- Ability to learn about the insurance field and apply knowledge on job. May be required to complete a study series as knowledge is gained.
- Ability to work harmoniously with coworkers, including managers, and interact with customers and the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to type and enter data (alpha and numeric) proficiently.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance to provide expected level of customer service.
Working conditions and physical efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- This position requires high use of a computer and and visual acquity. It requires long periods of sitting and working with customers via the telephone. Work may be repetitious with some occasional stress encountered when working with difficult people or a high volume. There may be frequent interruptions.
- The work environment is one generally encountered in cubical office setting.
- Requires regular and predictable schedule to meet the needs of our customers and provide adequate coverage during our core business hours.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the business changes, so may the essential functions of this job.