- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university in psychology, sociology, communication, human factors, and at least two years of professional experience designing and executing UX research. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Human Computer Interaction (H.C.I.) certification preferred, but not required. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite is a preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team environment and with an agile workflow platform such as Jira is preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for UX research and the ability to use a strategic, business-building approach to conduct user research and usability methodologies.
- Proven analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to synthesize and visualize data to clearly communicate key insights to stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Experience with prototyping and prototyping software; and in preparing research findings in a succinct, easy-to-understand way is required.
- Ability to think creatively to develop original ideas and scalable research concepts, to solve complex UX/UI problems through research, and to take action and deliver results within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines as required by business need.
- Ability to identify, set, and achieve personal goals and to contribute to team, division, and company goals.
- Ability to function independently as an individual contributor, work harmoniously in a team environment, contribute to team members projects to ensure success, and to collaborate across business units and teams.
- Good interpersonal, communication, listening and customer service skills in person, on the phone and electronically. Must be able to listen for understanding and communicate to educate and/or inform with accuracy. Follow through to resolution is essential.
- Ability to use general office equipment and demonstrate basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products including SharePoint, Outlook, and Office 365.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and travel from the home office to meeting sites, interview location, or Grinnell Mutual customer offices as needed with limited notice. Overnight travel is required depending on business need. Ability to adhere to the Fleet Safety Policy.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable work schedule to meet the needs of our customers and provide adequate coverage during our core business hours.
Working conditions and physical efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job in a standard office environment, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The position requires the individual to frequently talk on the telephone. The employee may occasionally reach with hands and arms. The position requires lifting and carrying of photographic equipment and may involve stooping, squatting, and use of a ladder or lift. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position involves work with computer keyboard and phone. Vision requirements are heavily tied to those associated with working with alpha and numeric data found on a computer monitor. Vision requirements include close work and the ability to focus.
- This position requires occasional travel to conduct interviews and attend offsite meetings or seminars, including occasional overnight stays.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
This job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of the business demands change, so too may the job duties and responsibilities.